Thursday, June 6, 2013

3 weeks to go...

22 days before d-day - 
Nervous. Anxious. Excited. Humbled. Thankful. Joyous. Curious. 
Just a few of the many emotions, feelings, thoughts I've been having today. 

I am just about 3 weeks out from my departure date and I am starting to get ready to go. I have started to think about what I am going to be taking with me. One of the coolest things that I will be taking is the generous donation of beginning readers from the Kindergarten class that I volunteered with this year. This books will be invaluable! A big shout out to Room 111 from Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy! 

I got checklists made, post it notes with to do items everywhere and piles of stuff scattered around my room. I have to say that I am feeling like things are generally in order and it's a waiting game until we get a little closer to d-day. 

Now I'm shifting my focus to what I am taking with me and what I can buy there for the students... I've been told that balloons are in huge demand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment