Wednesday, June 26, 2013

It's almost that time...

Well, here we are... 2 days until departure day. I am still in shock and awe as to what is about to happen to me with this trip. I know that I can't place too much expectation on what is to come, but I can say that I know that this will be a momentous trip for me. 
I have found out that I am working with 60 children at the Hillcrest School in the Sakina District. The state of the school from what I can tell is that is it growing and expanding, with work being done to build a new school. The school is fairly successful and well run. The director of the school is Isaac and I have heard nothing but praises about him.
I will be staying in a home stay, instead of the volunteer houses, and I am actually really excited about this development. It is excited to think about being immersed in the Tanzanian culture. There will be 6 other volunteers in that home stay and it's a bit further out.
Running a few last minute errands, completing pre-flight checklists and finishing up packing my bags...

No comments:

Post a Comment